It’s not unusual around November to get opportunities to do something with your Christmas song, but if you haven’t written and recorded at least your demo it’s going to be too late. I don’t know about you but listening to Snoopy chasing the Red Baron anything more than once a year is more than I can take. So how about writing one now and be ready for the opportunity.
Christmas songs don’t have to be all about Jingle Bells, there are many poignant songs about Christmas these days. Songs about please bring dad home for Christmas or, well here I some ideas to get you started. How about trying one of these as an exercise?
- Christmas Love
- Christmas Stress (Think about all those people doing last minute Christmas shopping and how happy they look, not)
- Christmas Shopping
- I don’t know what to buy you for Christmas
- All I want for Christmas is a new girlfrind/boyfriend
- Christmas Blues (I actually have a CD of famous Blues artists performing Christmas Blues, I can’t be the only person who bought it)
- Family Christmas
- Christmas on the beach (that’s what a lot of us do in New Zealand and Australia)
- I love/hate Christmas shopping
- My Christmas gift to you is me
- I didn’t want you for Christmas I wanted a new guitar
- What Christmas means to me
- My gift to you is this song
That should give you a few ideas for a start. The song doesn’t have to be all about Christmas either. My Christmas song is called Another Stretch in Iraq and you can hear it on my MySpace page.
Oh and a little favour. If you thought this was useful or you liked my song, I would really appreciate it if you would click on the Demand It Competition banner on my MySpace page and vote for me in the Eventfull Competition, I really could use the help:)
If you found this useful and you know of anyone else who i a songwriter and could use some ideas, how about sending them a link?